Have fun foraging edible flowers and leaves. Jo Homan will teach you how to recognise local, edible plants on this fun one day workshop. We will:
- walk around the site at Saint Pauls West Hackney
- identify between 10 and 20 edible plants, some of which we'll pick
- make a salad and eat them with some unusual foraged pickles
- pot up edible plants for you to take home
it's useful to know...
- The training takes place at St Paul's Church, West Hackney, N16 7UY
- There's a maximum of 20 people on the workshop, so booking is essential
- The price includes snacks, drinks, a handout to take home and a plant: £5 / pay by volunteering for one session in the kitchen garden at St Paul's Church, West Hackney
about the tutor
Jo Homan has been teaching people gardening skills since 2012. She developed the first ever accredited forest garden course, Creating a Forest Garden (CAFG) and has led numerous foraging walks. Jo's favourite forest garden nibbles: lovage, saltbush, jostaberries and chestnuts. Here she is talking about forest gardening and there are a few more interviews with her here. Jo was a primary school teacher, layout artist, print manager and childminder before setting up Transition Finsbury Park and then founding Edible Landscapes London. She also enjoys climbing and swing dancing.